Saturday, December 19, 2009

Can I shampoo a rug on top of a hardwood floor?

I'd like to get our big area rug cleaned before we have family over for Thanksgiving. Can I rent a carpet shampooer and use it on the rug over a hardwood floor? It seems like it should be OK but I don't want to damage the floor. Would it be better if we folded it in half to let the floor dry in sections or something?Can I shampoo a rug on top of a hardwood floor?
As long as you do not let enough water penetrate the backing, you will be ok. It takes quite a bit of water to go thru if it is really tight underneath.Can I shampoo a rug on top of a hardwood floor?
I would suggest you contact the place that you are


renting the carpet shampooer from and ask them


about it.





- - - - - - - - - -
it should be fine all though i would hang it over some folding chairs to dry and rinse the floor with some clean water just to be safe
My mom had the same idea, so she shampoed the rugs and the hardwood floor was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment